Event Report for the Academic Year 2020-2022
1. Event Title: HR Conclave “RE - IMAGINING HR”
2. Date of Event: 22nd Oct. 2021
3. Type of Event: Corporate
4. Venue: Hotel Regenta Central Harimangala, Bharuch
a. Organizer: BDMA (Bharuch District Management Association)
b. Host: Prof. Rashmi Ghamawala
5. Event Coordinator: Prof. Rashmi Ghamawala
6. Event Attendees: HR Professionals, Professors, Students
7. Proceedings of the event (day wise): Friday, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
8. Expert Speaker / Facilitator:
I. Session: Inaugural Session
a. Name: Mr. Ravi Kapoor (Chief Guest)
Organization: Heubach Colour Pvt. Ltd.
Designation: Managing Director
b. Name: Mr. Mikael Gedin (Keynote Speaker)
Organization: Perstorp Group
Designation: EVP – People & Care
c. Name: Dr. P. K. Padhi (Guest of Honour)
Organization: XLRI, Jamshedpur
• Focus innovation.
• If one don’t have great leadership skills, people can leave.
• India’s advantage comes from the demographics.
• Demographics is a strength of India.
• Covid was a disrupter, and disrupter teaches us lot of things.
• The company which is resilient, will succeed.
• Due to pandemic, new change will stay back.
• Don’t restrict yourself to IR/HR but work on business.
• HR only runs a business – not Artificial Intelligence/Technology.
• Empathy is the pillar.
• 25000 companies in India are in chemical business.
• Teach a person and retail him.
• HR need to see that skills are given.
• HR need to broaden your thinking.
II. Session: Diversity & Inclusion
a. Name: Mr. Nisheeth Mehta
Organization: Microsign Products
b. Name: Mr. Kannan Hariharan
Organization: Avtar Group, Bangalore
Designation: Chief Strategist, Culture & Belongingness
• To achieve the outcome, equal opportunity should be given to everyone.
• Opportunities can be given to even specially abled people.
III. Session: Round Table Discussion on Coaching
a. Name: Mr. Gopal Iyer
Organization: IIM, Ahmedabad
Designation: Vice President
b. Name: Ms. Vidhya Srinivas
Organization: IMT, Nagpur
Designation: Head – Corporate Relations
• The one who is providing the consultancy is the most powerful.
• Coaching is co creating journey.
• Coaching is a skill for all, it is our responsibility.
• Coaching is a tool which is very lucid.
• Upskilling and reskilling in necessary.
• We need to start giving coaching to students not teach them.
• Faculty should go through coaching certification.
• Need to create coaching environment.
• The job of a coach is to get the best out of you.
IV. Session: Emotional Intelligence v/s Artificial Intelligence in HR
a. Name: Mr. Vinay Trivedi
Organization: TerraPay, Bangalore
Designation: Global CHRO
b. Name: Dr. Hemant Thakar
Organization: Symbiosis, Pune
Designation: Guest Faculty
• What humans can offer to the world. Machines can not.
• Emotional intelligence is a skill that can be mastered.
• Attrition is very high of this country, which is a cost to company.
• World is facing point of inflection.
• Artificial Intelligence is created to support human.
• Not to blame technology for our laziness.
• Use technology to become better version of yourself.
• Don’t google everything.
• Talk to humans as human.
V. Session: Labour Code
a. Name: Dr. P. K. Padhi
Organization: XLRI, Jamshedpur
• If Labour Law is removed from HR, It is a dead combination.
• If Labour Law is combined with HR, It is a deadly combination.
• HR should be blended with IR.
9. Feed back of the students: Excellent
Post a Comment